The Heraia project is a free (GPL) hexadecimal file editor. It is based on the GtkHex Widget
from Ghex project.
This project is developed since 2005. Please report bugs. There are already some nice features :
- Various interpretation of data (byte, int, dates (dos, filetime, hfs ...), floats, BCD, ...)
- undo / redo
- copy / cut / paste / delete
- search and replace
- search data from type
- loading files and saving them
- plugin system
- graphical analysis (stat plugin)
A large number of features are still planned in order to facilitate file analysis :
- Template creation
- Use of template
- Advanced search capabilities
Dowload here a version of the current code.
There is some mailing lists :
mailing lists has moved to the gna.org
There is also an irc channel :
irc.oftc.net, channel #heraia
Heraia is even on Facebook !
Developers interested in helping the project can join the development
team at the gna.org
Logo and web site by gretsim AT yahoo DOT com